2020 ABINGDON HIGH SCHOOL
BEHIND THE WHEEL
BEHIND THE WHEEL
I hope all is well and you are enjoying your summer break.
We are excited that Abingdon High School will be starting behind the wheel classes beginning Monday June 29th, 2020. we have requirements that must be followed during this time of social distancing. If you are unable to follow these guidelines then you will be moved to the end of the list until all social distancing requirements have been removed by the governor, the Department of Education and Washington County Public Schools.
Please review the rules/requirements below:
• Students will be driven in the order that they are eligible to receive their license.
• Students must have a minimum of 35 hours of on the road experience prior to taking behind the wheel.
• Each student must wear a mask each day, no exceptions. if you do not have a mask, you will be moved to the end of the list and someone else will take your place.
• Each student must provide their own mask.
• Students must drive in consecutive days and may not skip days for vacations, camps, practices, workouts, etc. Students who miss will be moved to the end of the list.
• There will be only 1 student and 1 teacher in the car per class.
• Each class will be videotaped with audio for the protection of both the student and the teacher.
• The essential areas, those that are touched most, will be disinfected after each student finishes each class each day. Approximately each hour.
• The observation part of the behind the wheel will not be required, until further notice, to assist with social distancing.
If you have questions or concerns please email Coach Main at [email protected] or call Abingdon High School at 276-739-3200.