- A reminder that dress up days and activites are posted around the school. They are also listed on the AHS website under the daily announcemnts page. Students get points per grade for participation and winner will be announced at the end of the week.
- Club reminders:
- Blue Crew members- carnival & dodge ball sign up in main office
- Falcon Friends members- carnival sign up in main office
- Spanish members- carnival sign up on Ms Waddell's room
- Republican members- bring 12 packs drinks, carnival sign up
- French members-please bring your sodas to the French room asap
- FBLA- dues are due
- Sophomore class shirts are in. Please see Ms Hagy in room 219 before or after school to pick up,
- Attention all seniors: Senior portrait retakes/makeups will be this Wednesday, Sept 27 in the Auditorium. If you did not have your picture taken during the summer session, this is your last chance to have a picture made for the yearbook. There is a $25 sitting fee, girls should wear a tank top for drape pictures and boys should wear a white tshirt for tux photo. Pick up an informational info card in the main office.
- Marching Band will meet after school in the band room.
- Congrats to both Cross Country teams in their meet this weekend at Steele Creek Park.
- Think you're the prettiest BOY at AHS? Prove it by competing in the Reverse Beauty Pagent at the Homecoming Carnival on Thursday. Sign ups are in the main office and there will be a fee of $5.00. See M. Rasnake for more info.
Post date Sep 25, 2017
- Last day to turn in dues for the following clubs and please sign up for the carnival next week if requested:
- Chess club to Ms King in chorus room- dues
- Spanish club in Ms Waddell's room- carnival
- Falcon Friends club in main office- carnival
- Youth Alive club see M. McClanahan- carnival
- Civinettes club see Ms Hay- dues and carnival
- Last day to turn in club rosters to Coach Harding.
- Last day to turn in Flu forms to main office or nurse.
- Last day to sign up to play in Dodgeball tournament. Sign up in main office, cost is $9.00 a team. Tournament will be held during carnival.
- Sophomore class meeting in Ms Hagy's room 219 this after noon, this is for any sophomore interested in helping with hallway decorating contest Monday after school.
Post date Sep 22, 2017
- Please sign up in the main office for the Dodgeball Tournament. Cost is $9.00 per team, 3 people make a team. The tournament will be held during the carnival.
- Attention all club presidents please come by Coach Hardings room 510 by today to write down your contact information.
- Attention all clubs, this is a reminder that the final club rosters are due by this Friday, Sept 22.
- Attention Youth Alive club members- please sign up to work the carnival next week. See M. McClanahan to do this.
- Flu shot forms are due by Friday- tomorrow. Please turn them into Nurse Nichols or the main office.
- All sophomores interested in helping with hallway decorating on Monday for homecoming please come to a brief meeting in Ms Hagy's room 219 after school on Friday.
- Civinettes, please stop by Ms Hay's room 502 to pay your dues and sign up to work the carnival. You will also need to sign up to bring drinks for the carnival.
Post date Sep 21, 2017
- Lost and found is very full. Please come by the main office and check to see if you are missing items.
- Parking permit warning stickers were handed out yestereday. If you do not have a current AHS permit the cost is $5.00 in the main office.
- Next week is Homecoming! There are dress days and activites scheduled for all week. Signs will be posted to keep you informed.
- Spanish Club students bring a 12 pack of drinks and pick up a club t-shirt. See Ms Baber in room 109 or Ms Waddell in room 102 between classes, before or after school.
- Attention dual enrollment students- the orientation class for VHCC is available to you for a small fee. See Ms Monk in the guidance for qustions and to sign up.
- Seniors if you are interested in helping with homecoming hall decorating, there will be a meeting in Ms Cumbows room today after school until 4.
- All sophomores interested in helping with the hallway decorating there will be a brief meeting in Ms Hagys room 219 after school on Friday.
- Attention all Youth Alive club members- please sign up to work the carnival. You can see M. McClanhan to sign up or if you have any questions.
- A reminder that school dismisses 2 hrs early tomorrow for Parent/Teacher Conf. Times are 2-4 and 5-7.
Post date Sep 20, 2017
- National Art Honor Society members- Induction ceremony is tonight in room 400 from 6-8pm.
- Attention Community Scholars- Greendale Elem is having their fall festival on Oct 13. The PTO needs volunteers to help with dinner and other activites. Please stop by guidance office for more info.
- Lost and Found is extremely full already. Please see main office if you are missing items.
- Parking permits warning stickers are being given out. If you need a current parking pass see main office- cost is $5.00.
- Next week is Homecoming Week! Activites and dress up days are scheduled for the week. Signs will be posted to keep you informed.
- Attention GATE students- will be going on a field trip to the story telling festival in Jonesborough, TN on Oct 6. There are a limited number of spots available. If you are interested please see Ms Beverly in room 121 for a permission slip.
- Attention Dual Enrollment Students- The orientation class for VHCC is available to you for a small fee. Please sign up in the guidance office and see Ms Monk for any questions.
- A reminder that Parent/Teacher Conf are this coming Thursday, Sept 21. Students will dismiss 2hrs early and the conference times will be from 2-4pm and 5-7pm.
- Spanish club students: Bring a 12 pack of drinks and pick up a club t-shirt. See Ms Baber in room 109 or Ms Waddell in room 102 between classes, before or after school.
- Seniors if you are interested in helping with the homecoming hall decorating , there will be a brief meeting in Ms Cumbows room on Wednesday, Sept 20 immediately after school until 4.
Post date Sep 19, 2017