- Attn Sophomore & Junior GATE Students: if you're interested in attending Residential Governor's School this summer, applications will be due Thursday Feb 23. Please turn them in to Ms Hulsey in room 207 or Ms Fore in room 104.
- Attn FBLA Testing Students: Stop by room 128 today to set up time to take your FBLA business competition test. The test will be given tomorrow and Wednesday. You will need to sign up for the time and date by today.
- Congrats to our Falcon Swim team as they competed against 32 schools in the VA High School League State 3A Championships in Richmond this past weekend.
- Applications are available for the Emory and Henry Summer Scholars Institute and Leadership Program are available. See the following link for more information or contact Mrs. Felicia Lowman Sikes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Art Honor Society will meet NEXT Monday during 1st lunch. Please bring your NAHS artwork to Ms Lovett or Ms Anderson.
- All artistic excellence art show entries are due by this Wednesday.
- This is National FFA week. Please help the Abingdon FFA celebrate. Tuesday's dress up day is "Country vs Country Club", Wednesday is "Dress like a farmer", Thursday is Blue & Gold and also hat day if you pay $1 to your 1st prd teacher (proceeds will go toward the FFA's Relay for Life Team), and Friday is "Camo Day". Thank you for helping us celebrate one of the nation's largest youth organizations.
- R.E.A.D. Club members need to stop by the library to pick up a Field Trip Permission Form for the trip to Books A Million next week.
- Attn all Seniors: please come by and pick up your cap and gown pictures in Ms Cumbows room 402 before or after school this week.
Post date Feb 20, 2017
- Attention Spring Athletes: Spring sports start Monday and you must have an updated physical on file in the main office before you can tryout.
- After the first day of the State Wrestling Tournament our team is in 2nd place!
- Free plants to students who come by the VHCC table during lunch today and chat with the Horticulture Instructor.
Post date Feb 17, 2017
- Free plants to students who come by to VHCC table during lunch this Friday. Come by and chat with the Horticulture instructor.
Post date Feb 16, 2017
- National Art Honor Sociey members: your artwork for the NAHS show is due by Friday, Feb 24. NAHS artist are also needed for the Iron Mtn Crossfit murals. Artist interested in entering the artist excellence art show turn your artwork into Ms Anderson by Tuesday, Feb 21.
- Attn FBLA members: this is a reminder that competition testing starts next week to study and prepare for the test you signed up for. See Ms Patrick or Ms Whichard if you have questions.
- Attn all Seniors: if you dropped off baby pictures for the senior video- you can pick those up in room 128.
- Attn Seniors: this is a reminder that you have 2 weeks to turn in your community scholar forms.
- There will be no band practice after school today.
Post date Feb 14, 2017
- Any student who is planning to take ANY AP test needs to see Ms Gross in the guidance office for important information.
- Attn Seniors:
- This is a reminder that you have 2 weeks to turn in your Community Scholar Forms to the guidance office.
- If you dropped off baby pictures to Ms Whichard for the senior video, you can now pick them up in room 128.
- Attn FBLA students: This is a reminder that competition testing starts next week, Monday 20. Remember to use this week to study and prepare for the test you signed up for. See Ms Patrick or Ms Whichard in you have any questions.
- A reminder to all students that next Friday, Feb 24 will be a regular school day.
- Today, after school at 3:10 there will be a brief meeting for anyone planning on running outdoor track in room 400.
- Softball workouts will be at the field today.
- National Art Honor Society members: your artwork for the NAHS showis due by Friday Feb 24. NAHS artist are also needed for the Iron Mtn Crossfit murals. Artists interested in entering the artist excellance art show turn in your artwork into Ms Anderson by Tuesday Feb 21.
Post date Feb 13, 2017