- Spring sports picture for seniors are today after school. Meet at the baseball field by 3:30.
- Girls Basketball open gym will be held on Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 3:30-5:30 starting next week. See Coach Brown if you have any questions.
- Spring sports pictures today after school.
- Congratulations to Ryan G. who was elected Appalachian Area FFA President yesterday. Ryan will represent teh area for a year and travel to different FFA chapters in the arean.
- All seniors- the AHS local scholarship application is now available in the guidance office. Please stop by between classes and pick up an application and return it to Ms Kendrick by Thursday, April 12. No applications will be accepted after this date.
- Yearbook orders are due this Friday, March 31. Make sure your order forms and deposit or $22.00 are turned into Ms Holman in room 216.
- Attn seniors- If you have not picked up your cap and gown please do so in Ms Cumbow's room 402 during 1st or 5th period.
- The AHS local scholarship application is now available in the guidance office. Please stop by between classes and pick up an application and return it to Ms Kendrick by Thursday, April 12. Applications will not be accepted after this date!
- The National Honor Society Induction Ceremony will take place this Thursday, March 30 at 6:30 in the auditorium. If any junior or senior who filled otu a candidate form has not received a letter regarding their selection, please see Mr Sheets or Ms Pollard as soon as possible.
- Any senior who is a speaker of a second language other than English who is interested in testing for a Biliteracy Seal for their diploma needs to see Ms Fore in room 104.
- Any junior or senior who has completed VHCC Spanish or French IV and is interested in taking the test for Biliteracy seal see Ms Fore in room 104.
- Attn all student drivers- if you do not have a current AHS 2016-17 parking pass- you need to purchase one. Even though there are only a few weeks left in school, you are still responsible to have a permit to park in the parking lot. See main office to purchase one.
- The below students are eligible for testing to attempt to achieve VDOE's Seal of Biliteracy for their diploma: (What is the Seal of Biliteracy? see http://www.doe.virginia.gov/instruction/graduation/diploma_seals/seal_of... )
Any Senior student who is a speaker of languages other than English may take a placement test to attempt to achieve Virginia's Seal of Biliteracy for their diploma.
Any Junior or Senior Spanish student who has completed VHCC may take a placement test to attempt to achieve Virginia's Seal of Biliteracy for their diploma.
Any Senior who has completed or is enrolled in French IV.
Please see Ms. Fore or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on cost, testing dates, and specific needs.
- The National Honor Society Induction Ceremony will take place this Thursday, March 30 at 6:30pm. If any junior or senior who filled out a candidate form has not received a letter regarding their selection, please see Mr Sheets or Ms Pollard as soon as possible.
- Attn all students- yearbook orders are due next Friday, March 31. Order forms are outside Ms Holman's room 216 and a deposit of at least $22.00 must be submitted by next Friday to ensure your book reservation.
- Those students enrolled in Marketing for 2017-18 school year who wish to run for DECA office at next months club meeting, you need to see Ms Greear to pick up info sheet.
- Any GATE student interested in attending William & Mary's 2017 Summer Enrichment Program- see Ms Fore in 104, Ms Hulsey in 207 or the AHS webpage under daily announcements.
- Art Portfolio Club will be taking their group photo this morning before announcements. If you go to the neff please make arrangements to stay for this.
- Attn Juniors- prom tickets are on sale. The cost is $75 per couple. Seniors only need to purchase a ticket for out of school dates. Senior our of dates are $10. Junior out of school dates are $37.50. All tickets must be purchased by April 19. Sign ups will begin on April 19.
- Congrats to the AHS Envirothon team for winning the Washington Co contest yesterday at Sugar Hollow Park.
- All TSA students planning to attend Technosphere- your trip money is due to Ms Tolliver on Monday, March 27 (next Monday!). This includes hotel, registration, and shirt money (if you plan to order one). Please do not forget or you will not be allowed to attend!