- Junior class meetings are coming up! If you have English 11 this semester, you will come with your class on Friday, Oct 13 to the library after attendance is taken in your classroom. If you have Eng 11 next semester you will come on Monday, Oct 16 after checking in with your teacher during 2nd prd (last names A-L) and 4th prd (last names M-Z).
- READ Club members- Please return your signed Books-A-Million field trip form to Ms Hollifield asap.
- Student flu vaccines will be given beginning at 8:30 on Thursday. We will call students down to the gym when we are ready. Only those students that turned in a complete form by the due date will be allowed to get a vaccine.
- Studnets- stop by the library to pick up "free" books to celebrate Teen Read Week.
- Congrats to the members of the Cross Country Team who competed in Charlotte, NC at the Wendy's Invitational. Both teams will be competing in the Stinson Invitational on Thursday in Wise. Good luck.
- State Golf tournament started today and will run through tomorrow. Good luck!
- Club Presidents need to see Ms Gross to get a list of club members before next Wednesday's club meeting.
- Congrats to Ryan G. for exhibiting the Grand Champion Market Lamb and Grand Champion Commercial Ewe at the VA State Fair this past weekend. Way to go Ryan.
Post date Oct 10, 2017
- READ club members see Ms Hollifield in the library to pick up a permission slip form.
- All students that drive- this is the last call for you to purchase a parking permit if you park in either the east or west parking lots. From this point forward we will be monitoring these lots and you will be asked to move to the street or gravel lot which does not require a parking permit. Cost is 5.00 in the main office.
- State golf tournament has been moved to Tuesday and Wednesday of this week.
Post date Oct 9, 2017
- Those GATE students going on the GATE field trip today need to be in the lobby at 8:25. The bus will leave promptly at 8:30- there will be no announcement made to call you out of class.
- READ club members see Ms Hollifield in the library to pick up field trip forms.
- Freshman shirt have arrived. Please pick these up in room 109.
- All students that drive- this is last call for you to purchase a parking permit. This applies to those students who park in the east or west lots. From this point forward we will be monitoring these lots and will be asked to move to the parking along side the road or gravel lot. Multiple offences and you can have your driving privilege taken away. Cost is 5.00 for permit in the main office.
Post date Oct 6, 2017
- FBLA is raffeling off a Yeti Giveaway! This includes a Yeti cooler and Yeti merchandise. See N.Fugate, Ms Patrick, or Ms Whichard for purchase a ticket or with any questions.
- Bus duty will be in the auditorium this afternoon.
- Students- if you are missing any items please come by the main office and check the lost and found. This will be cleaned out Friday morning.
- Last years girls tennis team need to see Mr Long at some point this afternoon.
- Today is underclassmen picture retakes!
Post date Oct 5, 2017
- Watauga Elementary School is in need of volunteers to help with their Fall Festival on Oct 14 from 4-7pm. Please see Ms Kendrick in the guidance office for more information.
- All girls that plan to play basketball this season need to see Coach Brown in room 500.
- Attention all students: underclassmen retakes and club photos are scheduled for this Thursday, Oct 5. Order forms will be distributed during your 3rd prd. See Ms Holman in room 216 with any questions.
- Students that would like to write an essay and nominate your favorite teacher for the Smart/Maher VFW National Citizenship Education Teacher Award come by the main office to get information.
- Any female student interested in participating in the Queen of Hearts, applications are due by next Tuesday, Oct 10. Come by the main office for more information.
- FBLA is raffling off a "Yeti giveaway" that includes a Yeti cooler with more prizes inside! Tickets are $10 each. See N. Fugate, Ms Patrick, or Ms Whichard to purchase a ticket.
- Any student missing items- needs to come by the main office and check lost & found. We will empty this Friday morning.
Post date Oct 4, 2017