- Softball workouts will be held Monday after school. Meet in the 400's hallway. You must have a valid physical on file to participate.
- FCA will meet after school in room 400 today. Hope to see you there.
- SOL testing day 4- Biology
- Any GATE parent or student interested in summer opportunities with John Hopkins' Center for Talented Youth Programs (http://cty.jhu.edu/summer/grades7-12/academic/index.html) or with Duke University's Talent Identification Program (https://tip.duke.edu/about-duke-tip) should contact Felicia Lowman-Sikes (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Volunteers are desperately needed to assist with the Wrestling Holiday Hammer Classic. This is a great opportunity to earn some community scholar hours, so please stop by the guidance for information.
- Those involved in the Republican Club need to bring $5 for adopt an angel to Mrs Denton on Monday.
- Attention Chorus Students- Auditions for the 2017 AHS Broadway Musical are taking place next (this) week. Monday, December 12 and Thursday, December 15. Auditions will take place from 6:30-8:30pm on either of these nights and students must stay the entire time to audition. For more information please see Mr E.
- Attention GATE students- If you are interested in information about John's Hopkins Center for talented youth summer residential programs or Duke University's Talent Identification Program need to see Ms Fore in room 104 or Ms Hulsey in room 207 for more info.
- Indoor track will be inside today. Meet in the hall outside the gym at 3:30.
Post date Dec 9, 2016
- Attn Seniors- If you have not ordered a cap and gown, please see Ms Cumbow in room 402 as soon as possible. Orders need to be turned in by Friday, Dec 16.
- Tonight at 7pm the AHS chorus program will present its annual holiday concert. The performance will feature the fall semester jazz choir and combined chorus, guest musicians, Alexander Smith and Gavin Frazier, and vocal percussion by Joel Winkler. Come listen to a set of Pentatonix music and lots of holiday favorites. Tickets are $5.00 and are available at the door.
Post date Dec 8, 2016
- Attn Seniors: If you have not ordered a cap and gown, please see Ms Cumbow in room 402 as soon as possible. Orders need to be turned in by Friday, Dec 16.
Post date Dec 7, 2016
- The library will be closed from today until Dec 16th for SOL testing.
Post date Dec 6, 2016
- The Falcon swim team competed in their first meet of the 2016 season on Saturday. There were 44 teams and over 800 swimmers in the Southwest VA Invational in Christiansburg. Top finishers were: Mac Hanningsen who finished 13th in the 200 freestyle, Nick Bush who finished 9th in the 100 brest, and Kimberly Large who finished 4th in the 200 freestyle, 3rd in the 100 freestyle where she qualifed for state in both of these everts. Kimberly broke the AHS record from 2003 in the 200 free with a time of 2:00.83. Congrats to all the Falcon swimmers!
- Congratulations to Anthony Dean, Kate Mullins, and Lanney Le who beat Mr E in the Chorus 5K over the weekend. Their names will be added to a hat and one will be drawn during this afternoon's announcements for this years $100 giftcard prize.
Post date Dec 5, 2016