- The AHS12 food drive for Puerto Rico starts today adn will run for 2 weeks. Bring canned food items that do not need to be cooked or cases of water to help people in need and your third period class will possible win a pizza party!
- Congrats to the winners of the annual Young Playwrights Festival of Barter Theatre. Jamie K. won first place out of 393 plays submitted regionally. John F. was a top 20 finalist and Claire A., Mhari R., and Alex M. were semifinalist. Good job to all of the students to competed.
- Want to compete in public speaking? Join the Debate Team and Forensics. The interest meeting will be next Wednesday, Nov 15 right after school in Dr. Hurd's room 201. Attendance is mandatory for participation.
- THERE WILL BE NO ANNOUNCEMENTS POSTED FOR THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. IM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVIENCE THIS WILL CAUSE. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL THE MAIN OFFICE 276-739-3200.
Post date Nov 8, 2017
- No School Today due to Election.
Post date Nov 7, 2017
- The AHS12 will be collecting non-perishable food items and water starting this Wednesday to help families in Puerto Rico. The third period class with the most items collected by percentage will earn a pizza party. See you third period teacher for more information.
- Bus duty this afternoon will be in the auditorium.
- Students that drive to school. You must have a current parking permit tag in your car. It is a priviledge to drive and park in the school parking lot. The 5.00 fee for the permit goes to school activites during the yeaer (such as carnival inflatables). See Ms Harr in the main office to purchase.
- This is a reminder that school will be closed tomorrow for Election Day. This is an optional teacher flex workday for teachers.
- The Community Center in Abingdon is needing volunteers to assist with several events in Nov and Dec. They are asking for help with Meals On Wheels, Bingo, the Christman Market, and much more. Please see Ms Kendrick in guidance for more information.
ADDED TO PM
- Track will practice outside at the track today. Meet on the bleachers.
- No wrestling practice today. Anyone interested in wrestling will need to meet at the fieldhouse tomorrow at 2:00.
Post date Nov 6, 2017
- For the girls trying out for Cheerleading for the Winter sports season, you need to have an updated physical on file to be able to attend tryouts on Monday, Nov 6th. If you do not have one by then you will not be allowed to tryout.
- If you signed up to participate for the Queen of Hearts please come by and see Ms Waugh in the main office to get a paper.
- Students that drive to school- make sure you have a current parking permit tag in your car that is visible. It is a priviledge to drive and park on school property. The fee is $5.00 and goes to pay for student activities during the school year, such as carnival. See Ms Harr in the main office.
- Bus duty on Monday afternoon will be in the auditorium.
Post date Nov 3, 2017
- Congrats to the Cross Country Teams for outstanding performances yesterday at the Region D CC Championship at Greenhill Park in Salem! There were many team and personal records. They will compete next week at the VHSL 3A State Championship. Good Luck!
- If you signed up to participate in the Queen of Hearts please come by the main office and get a paper from Ms Waugh.
- There will be a meeting for any female student planning to tryout for softball. This will be on Thursday, Nov 2 (Today!) right after school in room 400.
- All FFA members who signed up to help with the Food for America event need to meet in Ms McCroskey's room Friday morning at 7:30 for a quick meeting.
- If you were on last years swim team- you need to be in the library today at 3:00.
- For the girls that are trying out for cheerleading, please make sure to have an updated physical on file by Monday, Nov 6th or you will not be allowed to participate.
Post date Nov 2, 2017