- This weekend the track team went to the Tri-Cities Track Classic in Johnson City, TN. Those placing were Michelle M. winning the disc and placing 4th in the shot. The boys 4 x 800 relay, consisting of Marson R., Cooper G., Jordan D. and Karl T., won 1st place; Karl T. also placed 2nd in the two mile and 3rd in the one mile. Mason R. placed 6th in the Steeple Chase and 800, and Cooper G. took 9th in the 800; Jeff W. finished 2nd in the 400. Congratulations to all these athletes!
- Drama Club members need to see Mrs. McCall in Room 211 about the after school Barter trip in April. Cost is $20 per person. Sign up and pay in Room 211.
- English SAT prep will be held on Thursday in Room 204 from 5:00-7:00 p.m. with Mr. Sheets.
- May Jo Craig scholarship application packets are due to Ms. Gross no later than noon Thursday, April 6, 2017.
- Any student that is taking an AP test in May that has not completed their pre-registration packet please see Ms. Gross ASAP.
- There will be no volleyball workouts after school today.
- Softball practice will be in the gym today after school.
- Girls basketball open gym is cancelled for today.
- Girls JV Soccer match scheduled for today has been postponed.
- Boys and girls track practice is cancelled today.
Post date Apr 3, 2017
- Girls Basketball open gym will be held on Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 3:30-5:30 starting next week. See Coach Brown if you have questions.
- Drama club members need to stop by Room 211 to pick up your club t-shirt.
- Drama club members need to see Mrs. McCall in Room 211 about the after school Barter trip in April. Cost is $20 per person. Please sign up and pay Mrs. McCall.
- The baseball game v. John S. Battle has been postponed until tomorrow, Saturday, April 1 at 6:00 AT JSB
Post date Mar 31, 2017
- Spring sports picture for seniors are today after school. Meet at the baseball field by 3:30.
- Girls Basketball open gym will be held on Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 3:30-5:30 starting next week. See Coach Brown if you have any questions.
Post date Mar 30, 2017
- Spring sports pictures today after school.
- Congratulations to Ryan G. who was elected Appalachian Area FFA President yesterday. Ryan will represent teh area for a year and travel to different FFA chapters in the arean.
- All seniors- the AHS local scholarship application is now available in the guidance office. Please stop by between classes and pick up an application and return it to Ms Kendrick by Thursday, April 12. No applications will be accepted after this date.
- Yearbook orders are due this Friday, March 31. Make sure your order forms and deposit or $22.00 are turned into Ms Holman in room 216.
Post date Mar 29, 2017
- Attn seniors- If you have not picked up your cap and gown please do so in Ms Cumbow's room 402 during 1st or 5th period.
- The AHS local scholarship application is now available in the guidance office. Please stop by between classes and pick up an application and return it to Ms Kendrick by Thursday, April 12. Applications will not be accepted after this date!
- The National Honor Society Induction Ceremony will take place this Thursday, March 30 at 6:30 in the auditorium. If any junior or senior who filled otu a candidate form has not received a letter regarding their selection, please see Mr Sheets or Ms Pollard as soon as possible.
- Any senior who is a speaker of a second language other than English who is interested in testing for a Biliteracy Seal for their diploma needs to see Ms Fore in room 104.
- Any junior or senior who has completed VHCC Spanish or French IV and is interested in taking the test for Biliteracy seal see Ms Fore in room 104.
Post date Mar 28, 2017